Please find below a selection of research and industrial employment opportunities advertised on behalf of members in the Supergen ORE Hub network. If you would like to include a current vacancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Job opportunity for the website".
Where possible, we will circulate these vacancies through our network newsletter and social media channels. If you're not subscribed to our network mailing list, you can register here.
PhD studentship position - Artificial Intelligence (AI)-based Ocean Forecasts for Marine Operations
- Organisation: University of Strathclyde, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Location: Glasgow
- Appointment: 3.5 years (starting October 2023)
- Salary: £37,000 per annum (Home fee and Stipend)
- Deadline: 30 August 2023
Postdoctoral Researcher/Research Fellow: Renewable Energy and the Environment
- Organisation: Environmental Research Institute
- Location: Thurso, on the north coast of Scotland
- Appointment: Initially 2 years (subject to probationary period) with the possibility to extend.
- Salary: £31,066 – £33,641 (Postdoctoral Researcher) or £36,467 – £39,420 (Research Fellow)
- Deadline: 12 June 2023
- Organisation: UKERC
- Location: London
- Salary: £39,508 - £47,355
- Deadline: 7 June 2023
Applications open to join the Industrial Doctoral Training programme in Offshore Renewable Engineering (IDCORE) in September 2023
IDCORE is a fully funded, 4 year programme combining bespoke ORE training and a three-year EngD research project that is based entirely with an industry sponsor.
Being industry focussed, IDCORE’s aim is to train world-class industrial engineers who will accelerate the deployment of offshore wind, wave and tidal technologies in order to meet the UK's ambitious offshore renewable energy targets.
The funding associated with IDCORE provides an enhanced stipend, considerably higher than the standard UK Research Council PhD stipend rates. The stipend is Tax free and as such we estimate that the 23/24 IDCORE stipend will be equivalent to a gross salary of £28,500 (i.e. if this was your employment salary you would be taxed on this amount and your net ‘take-home’ salary would be approximately equivalent to the IDCORE stipend).
The stipend is guaranteed for 4 years (dependent on meeting progression requirements) and rises incrementally each year.
PhD in Environmental Interactions of Floating Offshore Wind (FOW) Technology (NDC)
- Location: University of Aberdeen
- Appointment: PhD research fellow - Fully funded 42 months
- Funding: Funding covers tuition fees at the UK/Home rate (this includes EU nationals that hold UK settled or pre-settled status) and an annual stipend 0f £17,668 (2022/2023)
- Deadline: 14 June 2023
Post-Doctoral Scholar Positions: Hydrodynamic Modelling and Wave and Solar Energy Technology R&D
- Location: Pacific Marine Energy Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon
- Appointment: Full time, up to three years based on performance
- Deadline: Open until position filled