Please find below a selection of research and industrial employment opportunities advertised on behalf of members in the Supergen ORE Hub network. If you would like to include a current vacancy, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Job opportunity for the website".
Where possible, we will circulate these vacancies through our network newsletter and social media channels. If you're not subscribed to our network mailing list, you can register here.
Research Fellow – Offshore Renewable Energy and the Environment
- Location: ERI, University of the Highlands and Islands
- Appointment: Open ended
- Deadline: 20 September 2021
- Salary: £30,066 – £32,641 (Post-doctoral Researcher) or £35,467 – £38,420 (Research Fellow)
This is an exciting multidisciplinary opportunity to join a research group working with Ørsted, to design novel environmental and ecological monitoring techniques. Part of the PREDICT project, this offers a unique opportunity for a talented marine sensing, engineering or hydroacoustic researcher to investigate optimal combinations of innovative technologies and novel sensor platforms to collect data on environmental drivers, oceanographic variation in habitats, and prey (fish), to inform assessment of seabirds and marine mammals. In addition to hydroacoustic mobile and stationary platforms, this project will investigate next-generation platforms for coordinated measurement (AUVs/gliders, USV/ASVs to bridge the air-water interface, and coordinated networks of distributed low-cost sensor platforms).
Funded PhD Project - Numerical modelling of the environmental impact of offshore wind farms
- Location: The University of Manchester
- Start date: July or October 2021
- Deadline: Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate has been recruited
- The studentship for this PhD will cover tuition fees at either the Home of International rate as well as provide a tax-free stipend at the standard UKRI rate (£15,285 for the 2020/21 academic session).