Early Career Research (ECR) Network
A place to share, collaborate on, discuss and promote ORE research, get access to funding for ECRs, network at ECR Forum events and virtually through our online forum and contribute to the shape and running of the network.
How do we define an Early Career Researcher?
Post Doctoral Researcher Assistants (PDRAs)
Early career Academic Staff within the first three years of their academic appointment.
PhD Students within 12 months of completion who are exploring a future career in the ORE sector.
A core component of the Supergen ORE Hub is to establish and support a network of Early Career Researchers (ECRs) across the Offshore Renewable Energy (ORE) Academic sector. This network aims to connect ECRs with more senior researchers, in the UK and internationally, to create a diverse and supportive community that nurtures the next generation of ORE research leaders.
If you're an Early Career Researcher working in the field of Offshore Renewable Energy you'll almost certainly be interested in our Network. We're creating opportunities to give you the following benefits:
- Share, collaborate on, discuss and promote ORE research.
- Get access to funding for ECRs.
- Network at ECR Forum events and virtually through our online forum
- Contribute to the shape and running of the network.
ECR Research Funding
The ECR Research Fund is designed to be a flexible fund for ECRs to support small activities that either supports and develops existing research activities, or develops career skills further. Funded research activities should be aligned with the objectives of the Supergen ORE Hub and be directed at offshore wind, wave or tidal energy research. Multi-disciplinary or multi-sectoral proposals to the fund are welcomed.
ECR Network Forum
A core component of the Supergen ORE Hub is to establish and support a network of Early Career Researchers (ECRs) across the ORE Academic sector. This network aims to connect ECRs with more senior researchers to create a diverse and supportive community that nurtures the next generation of ORE research leaders. The ECR Forum is a way for ECRs to come together and share their research and network with colleagues.
An update from the Supergen ORE Hub ECR Representatives
ECR Planning Forum meeting slides
Thank you for those who attended the Supergen ORE Hub ECR online planning forum on Tuesday 20 February 2024. For those who were unable to join, please find the slides from the meeting here.
ECR questionnaire - respond by 7 March 2024
To help us guide ECR activities for the Hub, including (but not limited to) the ECR Forum in April, please fill out this short questionnaire by 7 March 2024, 17:00 GMT.
ECR Committee Vacancies
We would also like to advertise the following open voluntary positions for the ECR committee. If you are interested in one of these roles, please send a short paragraph expressing why you are interested in the role to email@example.com by 22 March 2024, 17:00 GMT, with the subject line “ECR Committee Role”:
- Communications Officer: this role will be focused on highlighting ECR research and seeking collaborative new research throughout the community, particularly through the use of LinkedIn and other media outlets. Furthermore, the appointee would work with the wider Supergen ORE Hub team to engage ECRs in Supergen events.
- Engagement Coordinator: the appointee for this role will help organise ECR-only events and webinars. Additionally, the appointee would seek outreach opportunities for the ECR community
Feedback and contact deatails
And lastly, we would like to encourage you to email us with any concerns or comments you would like us to bring up to the Supergen ORE Hub management board. Our emails are:
Emma and Hannah - Supergen ORE Hub ECR Representatives
Masterclass: Advanced Experimental Fluid Mechanics for Offshore Renewable Energy
- Location: University of Plymouth
- Date: Monday 22 April 2024
- Specialist access to the Coast Laboratory (Ocean Basin, Coastal Basin, Flumes), an introduction to the new UK Floating Offshore Wind Turbine Test facility, Babbage wind tunnel and Hexapod.
- Early Career Researchers: Free (see eligibility on the event page)
- Industry participant rate: £500
Latest ECR News
Supergen ORE Hub appoints two new ECR Representatives to provide a voice for…
11 January 2024
The ECR representatives will help develop the ECR Network and shape future activities.
2024 Supergen ORE Hub Annual Assembly and Early Career Researchers Forum
12 January 2024
The seventh Supergen ORE Hub Annual Assembly and Early Career Researchers Forum is taking…