Supergen programme established by Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) to deliver sustained and coordinated research on sustainable power generation and supply. Read more about the Supergen programme on the EPSRC website.
Report of Phase 3 of the Supergen programme concluded that it now represents one of the UK Governments largest single investments in fundamental research on low-carbon energy generation and sustainable distribution. Read more about Phase 3 of the programme.
Review of Supergen programme by EPSRC led to the creation of the Supergen Offshore Renewable Energy Hub through the joining of the Supergen Wind and Supergen Marine Hubs, following consultation with the research community.
Professor Deborah Greaves OBE was awarded the role of Director for the Offshore Renewable Energy Hub through the competitive process of the Supergen Leaders Call. Read more about Phase 4 of the programme.
Professor Greaves received six months of funding to build a research consortium, plan a community led programme of research and prepare a full application for the second stage. Documentation from a series of workshops and engagement events can be found on the University of Plymouth website.
Supergen ORE Hub established in July with £5m funding from EPSRC.
- January: A launch event and first Annual Assembly and Early Career Researcher Forum was held at the University of Plymouth.
- June: Supergen ORE Hub awarded a further £4m from EPSRC in June.
- August: Supergen ORE Hub Awards £1 million to UK Universities through its first Flexible Funding awards.
- November: The Hub officially launches its Research Landscape, an interactive website tool, developed through consultation with industry and academic stakeholders, setting out the key research themes and challenges within ORE.
- November: The Second Annual Assembly and ECR Forum was held at the University of Strathclyde.
March – August: Supergen ORE Hub awards £1.2 million to UK Universities through its second Flexible Funding awards
Find out more
The Supergen ORE Hub was established in July 2018 with £5million of funding from the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). It was subsequently awarded a further £4million in June 2019. The Supergen ORE Hub provides research leadership to connect stakeholders, inspire innovation and maximise societal value in offshore renewable energy.