Supergen ORE Hub Seventh Early Career Researchers Forum
- Early Career Researchers Forum: Tuesday 23 April 2024
- Evening Networking Reception: Tuesday 23 April 2024
- Annual Assembly: Wednesday 24 April 2024 - further information can be found here
- Location: University of Plymouth (main campus), Drake Circus, Plymouth, Devon PL4 8AA
About the ECR Forum
As part of the Annual Assembly (taking place on Wednesday 24 April), the Supergen ORE Hub will be hosting an Early Career Researchers (ECR) Forum on Tuesday 23 April 2024 at the University of Plymouth. The Supergen ORE Hub ECR Community aims to connect ECRs with more senior researchers, in the UK and internationally, to create a diverse and supportive community that nurtures the next generation of ORE research leaders. The Forum is a way for ECRs to come together and share their research and network with colleagues.
To be eligible to register for the ECR Forum, you must be one of the following:
- Post Doctoral Researcher Assistants (PDRAs).
- Early career Academic Staff within the first three years of their academic appointment.
- PhD Students within 12 months of completion who are exploring a future career in the ORE sector.
The ECR Forum will be in person only.
Call for Research Posters
Deadline: 26 February 2024 09:00am GMT
We are pleased to announce that the call for expressions of interest for Early Career Researcher Poster Presentations is now open for the 2024 Supergen ORE Hub Early Career Researchers Forum and Annual Assembly. Submit your poster expression of interest here.
As part of attending the Forum, ECRs are asked to provide an abstract and a poster that will be displayed in the conference venue throughout the ECR Forum, the Annual Assembly, and online via the Supergen ORE Hub website.
We strongly encourage all ECRs to submit a poster presentation. Submitting and displaying a poster allows you to:
- Engage with other conference attendees interested in the same subject which could lead to future collaborations
- Promotes your research to senior researchers, industry professionals and policy makers
- Allows for insightful, impartial discussion of your work by peers which can often provide future ideas
- Offers the opportunity for you to practice your presentation skills and verbal communication, and allows for more in depth and informal conversations.
If your expression of interest is accepted, the materials you need to submit by Friday 5 April 2024, 09:00 AM (GMT) are:
- 1 page abstract for compilation into a book of abstracts
- PDF of your poster which will be uploaded to the website
- 3-minute video/voice-over – although optional, we strongly encourage ECRs submitting posters to also submit an accompanying 3-minute video/voice-over which will be made available online (together with the poster and abstract) before, during and after the event. Submitting a video/voice-over helps you to reach a wider audience, gives greater accessibility to your research, is an engaging way to share your findings, and contributes to the effective dissemination of research.
- A1 portrait poster - there is no need to provide this in advance, please bring it with you on the day.
Supergen ORE Hub Annual Assembly 2024
Following on from the ECR Forum, the Supergen ORE Hub Annual Assembly will take place on Wednesday 24 April 2024 (the day after the ECR Forum).
The Annual Assembly connects those working in the offshore wind, wave and tidal energy sectors, and is an opportunity to explore and debate cutting-edge research, find out about the latest opportunities and challenges, and network with the offshore renewable community, including academics, industry professionals and policymakers. The seventh Annual Assembly will showcase and celebrate ORE research and industry developments, and will be an opportunity to hear and discuss plans and opportunities for the 2023-2027 phase of the Supergen ORE Hub.