A core component of the Supergen ORE Hub is to establish and support a network of Early Career Researchers across the ORE Academic sector. This network aims to connect ECRs with more senior researchers, in the UK and internationally, to create a diverse and supportive community that nurtures the next generation of ORE research leaders.
If you're an Early Career Researcher working in the field of Offshore Renewable Energy you'll almost certainly be interested in our Network.
We're creating opportunities to give you the following benefits:
- Share, collaborate on, discuss and promote ORE research.
- Get access to funding for ECRs.
- Network at ECR Forum events and virtually through our online forum
- Contribute to the shape and running of the network.
We'll be adding future events and features to our website as it develops You can keep up to date with announcements by signing up to our newsletter.
How do we define an ECR?
We use the following criteria to define what we mean by ECR.
- Post-Doctoral Researchers
- Early career Academic Staff within the first three years of their academic appointment.
- PhD Students within 12 months completion of their PhD who are exploring a future career in the ORE sector.
So far we have almost 100 ECRs signed up to our network - and that number is growing. So if you think you meet the criteria and want to get involved, you can apply to register here.