Offshore Wind: Resource Assessment and Technologies course
Registration deadline: 27 March 2020
Course dates: Santander, Spain, 14-16 April 2020
The course includes basic training on wind dynamics, the development and modeling of the wind resource in coastal areas, a description of the available wind databases resources, the characterization of the main wind environmental conditions and technological considerations for the exploitation of this resource in ports. In addition, case-studies are included, such as a numerical simulation of wind fields in coastal areas.
This 3-day course has been designed for the public from the AA regions interested in the exploitation of the wind resource within a port area, and attendees will not need previous experience in this field.
The courses will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Wind dynamics
- The Wind climate
- Met-ocean information required for the OWT (waves and currents)
- Wind databases
- Atmospheric modeling to simulate wind climate and evaluate wind energy resource
- Wind quality evaluation
- Developments and standards for design of Offshore wind technologies
- Components of the offshore wind technologies
- Aspects involved in the design of OWT
- Offshore wind farm systems
Places are limited and the registration deadline is 27 March 2020.
This course is organized by IHCantabria within the framework of PORTOS project (EAPA 784/2018), co-financed by the Interreg Atlantic Area Programme through the European Regional Development Fund.